- 12 ounces broccoli (fresh, cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken (chopped into small bite sized pieces)
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese (grated and divided, I used a cheddar gruyere blend)
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (freshly ground)
- 3 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoon parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a 9×9 inch casserole dish, combine all ingredients except for ¼ cup of the shredded cheese and the topping ingredients.
In small bowl, combine topping ingredients.
Spread remaining shredded cheese and topping mixture evenly over the contents in the casserole dish.
Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until golden brown and heated through.
- I like my broccoli fairly tender and not soggy, so I use fresh broccoli and don’t pre-cook it. If you prefer soft broccoli, you may steam the fresh or frozen broccoli first before adding to the casserole.
- Rotisserie chicken works great for this recipe, however I poached some chicken breasts in my instant pot by combining with 1 cup of chicken broth and cooking on high pressure for about 12 minutes.