My husband and I have a dirty little secret. While the inside of our house can usually be found neat and polished, our yard has been a raging disaster since we moved in two and half years ago. We both have never enjoyed yard work and we just couldn’t find the motivation for starting the job. But a few weeks ago we had a yardwork revelation and began tackling the not-so-small project.
This is certainly a phased project which will consist of:
- Landscaping the front of the house
- Re-seeding the lawn in the front and back
- Installing a patio in the backyard
- Removing several trees that are growing over our power lines
- Landscaping the backyard
- Over 200 bags (yes that is correct) of mulch to help cover the shady areas where our grass won’t grow.
We started the project Easter weekend by installing a patio. We had been to Home Depot and Lowes and weren’t happy with the paver selection so luckily I came across some beautiful pavers on Craigslist for a few bucks a pop. Scott and his dad spent a day driving carloads of them back from Lees Summit while we prepped the area for the patio. We had crushed gravel laid a couple summers ago so our prep work consisted of pulling weeds, removing debris, leveling out the surface and laying lawn fabric down over the area.
Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends