Back to Top
> Just for you
> Basic Taco Pasta Casserole
> Page 2
- 2 lbs ground meat (beef, chicken and/or turkey) *See post for other ideas
- 1 (16oz) box pasta shells
- 1 (15.5oz) jar salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 packet of taco seasoning + 1 cup water or milk
- Optional: Add 1/2 cup cream cheese, sour cream, or half and half for a creamier sauce
- 1.Cook pasta according to package, drain and set aside. To make this using just one pot, use a dutch oven!
- 2.Using your dutch oven or a cast iron skillet, brown meat. When done, drain any fat.
- 3.Add your cooked pasta to the drained meat. (If you don’t have a dutch oven or cast iron skillet, you can move everything to a casserole dish.) Then layer with meat.
- 4.Next sprinkle the seasoning packet over the meat then pour water over top. Next add salsa.
- 5.Give everything a stir to mix ingredients together then top with shredded cheese.
- 6.Bake in the oven at 400˚ for about 18-22 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
- 7.Serve with any taco-style toppings you’d like. See above post for ideas!