Back to Top
> Just for you
> Amish Sour Cream Cornbread
> Page 2
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup whole fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Butter, room temperature, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly grease a 9×5-inch bread pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Beat in egg, sour cream, milk and melted butter until just combined, being careful not to over mix.
- Pour mixture into bread pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing and serving.