The dad in “My Big Fat Greek Wedding” may have had something right when he said, “Put some Windex on it.” While we’re not advocating Windex as a cure-all, we are here to share 10 clever home remedies involving Windex:
1. Stain remover for dirty clothes. To lift stains, spray the clear variety of Windex directly onto the spot. Upstairs Downstairs Cleaning says to let the Windex soak in for 15 minutes before washing the garment as you would normally.
2. Degrease your kitchen. Windex can be used all over your kitchen because it has potent caustic ingredients that work as degreasers. Upstairs Downstairs Cleaning suggests spraying it on your countertops, range hood and kitchen fan, as well as pots and pans. You don’t want to ingest Windex, so take extra care to thoroughly clean the Windex off all surfaces that come into contact with food.
3. Bling cleaner. What magical potion can clean dirty rings? A combination of Windex, some dish soap, a toothbrush, and microwave magic. Full tutorial here.
4. Clean microfiber. Just need 2 items for this hack! Windex and brush. Easy as that! Full tutorial here.
Making the World Cuter
5. Whiteboard eraser. When dry erase markers dry, they can be nearly impossible to clean. Upstairs Downstairs Cleaning reminds teachers everywhere of the power of cleaning a whiteboard using Windex.
please continue to Next Page (>) for the full list of ingredients and complete cooking instructions.