Back to Top
> Just for you
> Trisha Yearwood’s Butterscotch Bars
> Page 2
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing pan
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of the peanut butter with an electric mixer.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add oatmeal and stir to combine.
- Add flour/oat mixture to butter mixture and mix on low until well combined.
- Spread evenly across prepared baking pan and top with butterscotch chips.
- Bake until golden brown on the edges, 20-25 minutes.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter until smooth, then pour evenly over bars while still warm.
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!