- 1 1/2 lb beef tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions, thawed, patted dry
- 1 package (8 oz) fresh cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz) beef consommé
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- Fresh rosemary leaves, if desired
1Sprinkle tenderloin with salt and pepper. In 12-inch skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 5 minutes. Remove beef from skillet; cover to keep warm.
2In skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Add onions, mushrooms and carrots; cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are browned. Add wine and thyme; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 7 minutes or until wine is reduced by half, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet.
3In small bowl, stir together beef consommé and flour with whisk. Add flour mixture and beef to skillet. Cook 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Garnish with rosemary. Serve immediately.
Source : allrecipes.Com