Back to Top
> Just for you
> One-Pan Baked Rice and Vegetables
> Page 2
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
FOR THE VEGETABLES:
- 1 red onion, halved and cut into wedges
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
FOR THE SEASONING MIX:
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and set aside a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the paprika, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- To the baking dish, add the rice, broth, water, garlic, sliced carrots, and butter. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix and stir to combine.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add red onion, bell pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, and olive oil to a large bowl. Add remaining spice mix and mix well.
- Remove rice from oven and increase heat to 425°F.
- Uncover dish and arrange vegetables on top of the rice. Drizzle with more olive oil and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Push vegetables to one side, fluff rice with a fork, then toss the two together. Enjoy!