- 1 cup crushed pineapple (drained with juice reserved)
- 1 cup water (more or less depending on what’s needed, see instructions below)
- 2 packages lime jello (3 oz each)
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup evaporated milk (canned)
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- In a large multi-cup measuring cup (I use my 4 cup Pyrex), add all of the reserved pineapple juice and then add enough water to the juice to make a total of 2 cups. Pour into pot and bring just to a boil.
- Add the lime Jell-o mixes to the boiling pineapple juice/water and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat, allow to cool just slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the mayo and evaporated milk. Combine until very smooth. Slowly stir in the Jell-o mixture until all is incorporated with the mayo/milk mixture. Stir in the crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into an 8×8″ glass casserole pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight (preferred).