Back to Top
> Just for you
> Easy Cream Puff Cake
> Page 2
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 small packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, very soft
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 8 ounce whipped topping defrosted
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 450°F and grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine water, butter, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Pour into a medium mixing bowl and add flour a little at a time. Stir continuously until a soft dough forms. Let dough cool for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs to the dough mixture and beat until thick and smooth. Dough surface should have a satin sheen. Cool again for 5 minutes, then pour into greased pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and poke the dough with a knife several times to allow puffed-up air to escape. Reduce oven heat to 350°F and bake another 20 minutes.
- Allow pan and dough to cool for about 30 – 45 minutes before adding cream filling.
- To make the filling, beat softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vanilla extract, vanilla pudding mix, and milk. Add to cream cheese and mix slowly at first and then beat well. Pour over baked cream puff.
- Cover with Cool Whip and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Store in fridge until ready to serve.