Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line or spray 2 small bread loaf pans.
In a large bowl, smash the bananas with a fork.
Add the cake mix and eggs; mix well.
Evenly distribute the cake batter into the prepared loaf pans. Top with chocolate chips, walnuts or anything else you’d like (optional).
Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Do not follow the cake instructions on the box. You only need the actual cake mix, bananas and eggs.
- Feel free to add in the mix-ins of your choice! Walnuts, pecans, cinnamon, vanilla, etc.
- Other flavors of cake mix work fabulously as well! Try this recipe with the spice cake, chocolate cake or butter pecan flavors.
- You can also make the batter into muffins, just adjust the cook time. You could probably cut it in half.
- The batter doesn’t quite fit into my loaf pans which is why I make 2 small loaves with this recipe. If you have a larger pan, you might be able to fit it into one. Keep in mind, it will probably need more cook time.