I am getting thoroughly frustrated with the furniture you can buy in stores. I will pay $200-300 for desks and side tables made of pressed particleboard. Within a year or two, they are already crumbling. On another frustrated note, the designs I like typically end up costing me a lot more than I want to pay, or are missing something! So, I started to learn how to build my own furniture. I typically use less expensive pine you can find in a hardware store to keep the cost down. Any nicks in my kitchen table are considered “memories” – haha! My guests had started asking me where I was buying my furniture – when I told them I actually built it, they were interested in the prospect of me building their own furniture. One of these builds included a coffee table and a pair of side tables for my brother in law’s living room. His girlfriend and I did some searching to find exactly what she was looking for and then I came up with a plan and went to Lowe’s.
Cut List (for one side table):
- Legs – (8) 2×4 @ 22″
- Connections – (4) – 2×2 @ 16″
- X Design – (2) 2×2 @ 26″ long to short, you will want to trace the cut once your legs and connections are assembled. Also, (4) 2×2 @ 13″ – again trace this once your longer piece is in place.
- Table Top – (5) 2×6 @ 27″
- Bottom Shelf – (2) 1×12 @ 16″
Tools You Will Need:
- Tape measure
- Speed square
- Kreg Jig Pocket Hole System
- Drill and bit set
- Miter Saw
……. To Continue Reading, Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends