- 2 lbs ground beef 90% lean
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 cup bread crumbs plain
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cover a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with oil. Set aside.
Combine all the “Meatloaf” ingredients, in the order listed up to the bread crumbs. Stir well to combine, and after that add the milk and beaten egg. Stir just until combined.
Add the cheddar cheese and again mix well, but do not over-beat.
Shape the beef mix into a loaf shape and place it on the prepared baking sheet.
Combine all the Glaze ingredients in a small bowl until well combined and set aside. Brush about half of the glaze all over the meatloaf.
Transfer meatloaf to the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the inside temperature is 160F degrees. Brush the remaining glaze all over the surface of the meatloaf and bake for another 15 minutes.
Once the meatloaf is done, let it cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.