- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped jalapeno pepper
- 5 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 (6 fluid ounce) container liquid pectin
- Remove stems, veins and most of the seeds of the bell and jalapeno peppers. Mince peppers in a food processor.
- In a 5-quart pot over high heat, combine bell peppers, jalapenos, sugar and vinegar. Bring to a rolling boil; boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Stirring constantly, add the pectin and let mixture continue to cool for 2 minutes more. Now stir for 1 minute.
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars and top with sterilized lids. Secure lids with bands and allow jars to cool slowly, creating a vacuum seal.