A friend of mine showed up one day with a cedar chest he picked up on the curb. He knew that being the DIY junkie I am, I would put it to good use.
The finish was in bad shape, as it had been taped up at some point with lots of sticky residue left behind, as well as water marks. But structurally it was still in great shape! It even had the nice cedar smell inside! So I decided to give it a make-over for my bedroom.
I used a glass scraper to get off as much of the tape as possible. Then I cleaned it thoroughly inside and out with TSP.
There was a wobbly leg, so I removed it and added carpenter’s glue and a new screw to tighten it back up.
Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends