Island Pecan Pie
30 min to prepare; 1 hour to cook; serves 8
- 1 pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, eggs, cornstarch, flour and salt until thoroughly combined and incorporated.
- Mix in melted butter, then fold in pecans, pineapple and coconut.
- Place pie crust in a round baking dish, then pour pecan mixture over the crust. Crimp edges of crust.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 55 minutes, or until almost set.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 15-20 or until center is just set.
- Remove from oven and garnish with whipped cream and toasted coconut. Enjoy!