10 health benefits of purslane
The weed in the photo is called purslane. Lucky for you, purslane grows like crazy. It tastes good and is good for you. Here are 10 of the best health benefits of purslane:
1. Omega-3 fatty acids. You thought you could only get omega-3s through salmon and flaxseeds. You’ll be delighted to know that according to Mother Earth Living, the omega-3 fatty acids in purslane function as fuel for the brain, a preventative for heart attack and a treatment for depression.
2. Antioxidants. Mother Earth Living says the plant is chock-full of antioxidants, which delay cell damage and slow aging.
3. Calcium and magnesium. Eat purslane to maintain healthy bones, teeth and muscles.
Read on: 12 signs you need more magnesium
4. Potassium. Add purslane to your daily diet, because the potassium in the leaves helps keep your blood pressure in check.
5. Iron. Most people think they can only get iron from red meat and beans. But according to Heal With Food, purslane is also a good source of iron.
Click ‘Next Page (>)’ to keep reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends