Back to Top
> Just for you
> AMISH SUGAR COOKIES
> Page 2
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, oil, and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, scraping the sides as necessary.
- Reduce speed to medium and add the eggs, one at a time, mixing just until combined. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- Reduce speed to low and add the flour in three additions, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Drop dough of two tablespoon each onto the baking sheet, spacing two inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, just until the edges begin to darken. Let cool on baking sheet.