Wrap your feet in cabbage and see the surprising results!
4. Drink water. Sometimes something as simple as drinking water can be all you need to solve a health issue. According to Active Beat, when your body does not get enough water, it starts to retain its own. This can lead to swollen feet. If you drink eight to ten glasses of water a day, you will flush toxins from your body and prevent swelling from dehydration.
5. Cabbage wrap. Cool white or green cabbage leaves in the freezer until they are chilled but still pliable. Wrap them around your swollen feet and sit with your feet elevated for 30 minutes. The cabbage will draw out excess fluid and bring relief to your sore feet, according to Let How.
6. Eucalyptus foot bath. Eucalyptus has properties that reduce swelling and relieve pain, according to Active Beat. Add a few drops to a foot bath and soak your feet for 15- 20 minutes. You can also add anti-inflammatory essential oils like chamomile and lavender. Not only will your feet feel better, but you will also feel relaxed as a result of the soothing aromas.
7. Cold compress. Ice is an age-old remedy for swelling and pain reduction. Wrap ice cubes or crushed ice in a wet towel and apply the cold compress directly to the swollen areas, according to Let How. You will feel relief in no time.
8. Magnesium supplements. The mineral magnesium is essential for good blood circulation, according to Ayurvedic Cure. If you think a magnesium deficiency, and thus poor blood circulation, is the cause of your swollen feet, you can take a supplement of 200 mg twice daily. It is also a good idea to eat more magnesium-rich foods, such as dark leafy greens, nuts and seeds, fish and avocado, according to Everyday Health.
By applying one or more of these home remedies, you will soon find relief for your tired, swollen feet.
How do YOU treat swollen feet? Tell us and SHARE this article on social media!
RESOURCES ACTIVE BEAT, LET HOW, NATURALON, AYURVEDIC CURE, AND EVERYDAY HEALTH