Try Some Breakfast Quesadillas for a Change of Pace
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. sour cream (plus more for serving)
- 2 tbsp. Chopped chives
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1/3 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Cook bacon in a medium nonstick pan over medium heat until crispy. Drain bacon on a paper towel-lined plate, reserving about 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan.
- Add onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Whisk together eggs and sour cream in a medium bowl. Pour egg mixture into the pan. Let set slightly then reduce heat to low. Drag the eggs with a spatula or wooden spoon to create curds. When the eggs are almost cooked to your liking, season with salt and pepper. Fold in chives and remove from heat.
- Assemble quesadillas. Divide scrambled eggs between two tortillas. Top each with cheese and avocado slides. Place remaining tortillas on top.
- One at a time, cook quesadillas in a clean nonstick skillet over medium heat until the bottom tortillas is golden, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until golden. Repeat with other quesadilla. Serve warm with more sour cream and hot sauce, if desired.
Source : allrecipes.com