Home > Health > Top 10 Deadly Plants You Should Remove From Your Home Immediately!

Top 10 Deadly Plants You Should Remove From Your Home Immediately!

We all know that plants are extremely good and beneficial for us, especially the indoor plants. It’s mostly because they purify the air, provide oxygen and simply refresh our home and make it more comfortable to live in. But, you should be careful, because there are some plants which can be very dangerous, and you shouldn’t have them in your home. These plants can be very dangerous for you and your family, especially if you have small kids or pets in your house. This is why you should stay away from these plants, and if you have one in your home – you should throw it away immediately.

Here’s a list of the 10 deadly plants which you need to remove from your home immediately:

Water Hemlock (Cicuta Maculata)
You should know that this dangerous plant is related to the poison hemlock, which was used to kill Socrates in ancient times. You should know that water hemlock is a large wildflower from the carrot family and it’s similar to Queen Anne’s lace by appearance. This plants looks like parsnips or celery. This plant is really dangerous and if it’s indigested it can cause side effects, even death. Water hemlock contains a deadly cictutoxin which is mostly concentrated in its roots and its consequences are felt almost immediately after exposure. Symptoms form water hemlock poisoning are painful convulsion, abdominal cramps, nausea and the most fatal cases result in death. People who’ve survived this type of poisoning often experience amnesia and lasting tremors.

Deadly Nightshade (Atropa Belladonna)
Have you ever heard of the legend – the Macbeth’s soldiers poisoned the Danish invaders with wine spiced with the sweet fruit of the Belladonna? This plant has sweet taste and berry-like fruits, which are usually responsible for most cases of poisoning. You should know that this dangerous plant is native to the wooded areas in central and southern Europe and Asia and it has dull green leaves and black cherry-sized berries. Atropine and scopolamine are the poisons responsible for its toxicity, and they can be found in its stems, leaves, fruits and even roots. The poison, if ingested, causes paralysis of the involuntary muscles, including the heart, which can quickly have deadly consequences. It’s so poisonous that even if your skin comes in contact with the plant it can become irritated and inflamed.

Click ‘Next Page (>)’ to keep reading and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends