- 2 6-ounce cans Bumble Bee tuna
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup white bread torn into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp water (or liquid from the cans of tuna)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives, green onions, or shallots
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A couple squirts of Crystal hot sauce or tabasco
- 1 raw egg
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Land O’ Lakes butter
- Drain tuna: Drain the liquid from the tuna cans. If you are using tuna packed in water, reserve a tablespoon of the tuna water, and add a teaspoon of olive oil to the tuna mixture in the next step.
- 2 Mix tuna with mustard, bread, zest, lemon juice, water, parsley, chives, hot sauce, salt, pepper, egg: In a medium bowl, mix together the tuna, mustard, torn white bread, lemon zest, lemon juice, water, parsley, chives, and hot sauce. Sprinkle on salt and freshly ground black pepper. Taste the mixture before adding the egg to see if it needs more seasoning to your taste. Mix in the egg.
- 3 Form into patties, chill: Divide the mixture into 4 parts. With each part, form into a ball and then flatten into a patty. Place onto a wax paper lined tray and chill for an hour. (You can skip the chilling if you want, chilling just helps the patties stay together when you cook them.)
- 4 Sauté in skillet: Heat the olive oil and a little butter (for taste) in a cast iron or stick-free skillet on medium high. Gently place the patties in the pan, and cook until nicely browned, 3-4 minutes on each side.
Source : Allrecipes.com