Keeping optimal oral health is crucial to good overall health. In fact, taking care of your mouth, gums, and teeth, not only leads to fresh breath and a bright, white smile, but it also improves your health in general.
Like many other parts of your body, your mouth may contain harmful bacteria. However, your body’s natural defence systems and proper oral health care, like daily flossing and brushing can help you get rid of these harmful bacteria. On the contrary, poor oral hygiene can lead to high levels of bacteria that may result in oral infections, like gum disease and tooth decay.
So, the most important part of the oral hygiene is mouthwash. There are many different types of mouthwash available nowadays that can help decrease and eliminate plaque, get rid of bacteria as well as cleanse the teeth. Also, they can freshen your breath.
What’s more, it is also very important to see your dentist on a regular basis in order to keep optimal oral health. Plus, you should also follow a healthy diet that does not include too much sugars, sodas, etc.
Here Is How to Make Your Homemade Mouthwash
This homemade mouth wash can help you get rid of tartar completely naturally.
It is less expensive, but as effective as the commercial mouthwashes when it comes to supporting oral health.
Unlike commercial mouthwashes, this homemade mouthwash is chemical-free. This means that it does not contain any chemicals, flavors, preservatives, colors, etc.
In addition, here is how to prepare your own inexpensive, powerful, and safe mouthwash with baking soda.
Did you know that the sodium bicarbonate is one of the most effective natural cleaners you can use for good oral hygiene?
The use of this DIY mouthwash can help you remove and bleach your teeth stains; get rid of bacteria, microbes and bad breath; and fight tartar and cavities.
Homemade Mouthwash Recipe
- A tbsp. of baking soda
- Half a cup of warm water
- A cup of cold waterHalf a cup of hydrogen peroxide
- Half a tsp. of salt
Create a mixture of the salt and baking soda. Afterwards, wet your brush with water and then apply the resulted mixture on it. Next, brush your teeth and spit it out. You should also repeat the same procedure again for best results.
Then, make a mixture of the warm water and hydrogen peroxide, and rinse your mouth. Also, spit it out.
At least, try to eliminate the remains of tartar by using a toothpick and then rinse your mouth with the cold water.
Repeat the same procedure 2 times in a week.
– Spit out the mouthwash to prevent the bacteria or viruses from spreading;
– Brush your teeth 3 times daily with high quality, all-natural toothpaste;
– Spicy foods can stimulate the saliva glands to produce more saliva, which disinfects your mouth;
– It is also advisable to use oil pulling on a daily basis. Furthermore, oil pulling is a traditional dental technique that was primarily used in Ayurvedic medicine. It can also help you remove harmful mouth bacteria and keep your teeth and gums healthy. All you need to do is swish 1 tbsp. of organic coconut or sesame oil in your mouth for about 5-20 minutes before your breakfast. Then, spit it out and rinse your mouth.