Our feet are the ones carrying the heaviest of burdens, especially when it comes to the physical activities we have to face. They support our every movement, and this is why sometimes they need some extra care, just so that we can prevent pain in the knees, back or hips.
The accupressure is a therapy which is old probably a few millenia, and it is an extremely important part of the Asian, particularly the Chinese medicine. It is conducted via precise placements of the fingers and pressure over particular areas on the body, or points.
SECRET TO RELIEVING YOURSELF FROM ANY BACK PAIN
These points are followed by certain channels, known as the meridians, and are treated the same way as in the acupuncture.
This is why today we will provide you with five simple exercises that will improve your balance, strengthen your feet and soothe your pain.
- The toe press – before you jump into some exercises, make sure that your legs are properly warmed up. For this purpose, the toe presses are extremely difficult. In a standing position, bend your knees a bit in order to grip the floor with the toes. Hold that position and count t three. Repeat this three times in a day in sets of 10.
- The toe pencil pickup – this is a very simple and very easy exercise. Place a pencil flat on the ground, and try lifting it off, holding it for ten seconds and then dropping it back down. Repeat this exercise five times on each foot.
- Toe walking – if you want to strengthen the ligaments and muscles in your toes, and the muscles that surround the balls of your feet, you should definitely try toe walking. Just stay on your tiptoes and move around, forward to be more precise, or 20 seconds. Then, make a 15 second break, then repeat this process five times more. If you want optimal results, do this twice within a day.
- The resisted flexion – this very simple exercise targets the tiny muscles in the foot, which are responsible for the balance. This will also tighten your muscles and make you less immune to any injuries. While you are sitting on the floor, straighten your feet in front of you and wrap an exercise band around the bedpost. Then, place the band on the top of your feet, and lean backwards in order to tighten it. Then, with your foot bent backwards, hold for five seconds, rest a bit, and repeat this ten times.
- The ankle circles – what is of very high importance are the proper flexibility and mobility of the ankles. The tight and restricted ankles are often caused by the overload of the body, leading to joint and muscle pain, as well as knee, hip and even back pain. While you are lying on the floor, extend one leg over your head, and rotate it clockwise. Count to ten, and then repeat this process with the other leg as well.
source : mrhealthyguru.com