2 C all-purpose flour
1 T cornstarch
1 t baking soda
3/4 t salt
3/4 C unsalted butter
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C granulated sugar
2 t vanilla
1/2 t coconut extract
1/2 C toasted macadamia nut pieces
1/2 C toasted coconut
1/2 C white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while the butter and sugar are creaming together, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Back to the creamed ingredients. Add vanilla and egg and mix until incorporated, scrape down the sides of the bowl. Turn mixer on to a lower speed, then slowly add in dry ingredients (about a 1/2 C at a time) until just combined. Don’t over-mix. Toss in add-ins (nuts, coconut, choc. chips) and stir until evenly distributed.
- Roll into 1-inch wide cookie dough balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 9 minutes, then remove from oven. Let sit on cookie sheet for 30 seconds to let the bottoms cook a little longer on the pan, then transfer to a wire/cooling rack to cool. Store in an airtight container with a slice of bread.
Source : allrecipes.com