“Serve these hand-held biscuit cups as a snack for game day, or as an easy family main dish.”
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can refrigerated flaky biscuit dough
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can sloppy joe sauce
- 3 slices Borden(R) American Singles, cut into 4 small squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Separate 6 biscuits into 2 rounds each. Gently stretch each round into a 5-inch circle. Press into cups of a non-stick muffin tin.
- Lightly oil a skillet and place over medium-high heat. Cook turkey in skillet, separating into small pieces as it browns. When turkey is no longer pink, turn heat down to medium-low. Add taco seasoning, stirring to combine. Stir in Sloppy Joe sauce; continue cooking until heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Fill biscuit-lined muffin cups with turkey mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned and hot, about 13 minutes.
- Divide each slice of cheese into quarters, and place one-quarter slice on top of each filled cup.
- Bake 3 minutes more, or until cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool in the pan 5 minutes, then place on a rack until cool enough to eat.
recipes adapted from: allrecipes