- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup raisins
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- EASY VANILLA GLAZE:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP melted butter
- 1-2 TBSP milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Coat a standard bread pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the egg and melted butter. Add in brown sugar and milk and stir until combined. Stir in dry ingredients. (Dough will be thick.)
- Scoop out about ½ cup of bread dough and place in a smaller bowl. Add 3 tsp cinnamon and stir dough until completely incorporated.
- Stir in raisins and vanilla to the larger portion of dough.
- Transfer dough to the bread pan by layering & alternating the non-cinnamon dough with drops of the cinnamon dough. I first spread some of the non-cinnamon dough, then put 2 dollops of cinnamon dough on top. Layer again, repeating the same process, then take a knife and run it through all the dough, swirling in the cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-65 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes, then proceed with glaze instructions below.
- VANILLA GLAZE INSTRUCTIONS: Whisk ingredients together and let cool until glaze is thick, but still pourable. (Sometimes I find it’s easier to let it cool until mostly solid, then microwave for 8-12 seconds, until glaze is just barely pourable. That’s how you get a nice white coating on the bread, as opposed to having the glaze run off too much.) Pour glaze on bread, letting it run down the sides a bit. Let bread sit for 10 minutes until glaze has hardened. Slice into pieces and serve.
- Store leftover bread in an airtight container.
Source : allrecipes.com