Beautiful strawberries are starting to hit the markets, and they’re a bit early for super sweetness, but not too early to start experimenting with pies and practicing our lattice technique!
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 c. flour
- 2 c. water
- 2 c. sugar
- 6 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 (6 oz.) package strawberry jell-o
- 3 quarts strawberries, cleaned and de-stemmed
- *If you are using a shallow pie plate, cut filling recipe in half.
Mix butter, sugar, and flour and press into a greased deep pie plate. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Bring water, sugar, and cornstarch to a boil, stirring, until thick and clear.
- Remove from heat; add strawberry jell-o.
- Mix well and cool.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Store in refrigerator until set; serve with whipped cream.