“Quick and healthy breakfast!”
- 1 yellow squash, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Process the yellow squash through a zoodler (vegetable peeler that forms noodle-shape pieces) until squash zoodles form.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir squash zoodles, spinach, and cilantro until zoodles are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Spread mixture evenly into the bottom of the skillet.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl; pour over squash mixture. Cook until egg is firm, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over egg mixture and cook until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
recipes adapted from: allrecipes