Back to Top
> Just for you
> Spinach Bacon Blue Cheese Spaghetti Squash
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 6-8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2/3 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled, divided
- 1/3 cup balsamic reduction [make if needed]
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Scoop out seeds from inside each half of your spaghetti squash, then drizzle olive oil on each side and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place squash halves face side down on your lined baking sheet and roast for 30-35 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Remove squash from oven until cool enough to handle.
- Cook bacon until crispy in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add champagne vinegar to deglaze your skillet, making sure to scrape up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of your pan.
- Then reduce heat to low and mix in maple syrup. Add in baby spinach and cook for 4-6 minutes, or until wilted.
- Remove mixture from heat. Use a fork to shred cooled spaghetti squash into “noodles.”
- Place noodles in a large bowl and toss with spinach bacon mixture. Add chopped nuts and 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles. Mix everything together, then transfer to serving bowls.
- Top with blue cheese and enjoy!