Back to Top
> Just for you
> Smooth and Creamy Pesto Spaghetti
- 1/3 c. pine nuts
- 3 c. fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped, divided
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2/3 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 c. halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- Make pesto: In a dry skillet over low heat, toast pine nuts until golden, about 3 minutes.
- In a blender, combine basil and 1/4 cup olive oil. Blend until combined, then add most of the toasted pine nuts (reserving some for garnish), half the garlic, Parmesan and salt.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- To skillet add remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then add chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Add pesto to skillet and stir until chicken is coated, then add tomatoes and heavy cream. Add spaghetti and toss until completely coated and creamy. Stir in reserved pasta water.
- Serve pasta garnished with Parm and remaining toasted pine nuts.Source : allrecipes.com