SLOW COOKER SPAGHETTI SQUASH AND TURKEY MEAT SAUCE IS AN EASY AND HEALTHY MEAL TO PUT TOGETHER.
- 1 lb. ground turkey (I used 7% fat)
- cooking oil
- 1 2 -3 lb. spaghetti squash
- 1 (23.5-oz.) jar marinara sauce (I used farmers market Prego)
- 1 cup diced Portobello mushroom (about 1 large Portobello)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. basil
Slow Cooker Size:
- 6-quart or larger
- In a large pan on the stove-top set to medium-high heat, add a touch of cooking oil. Brown the turkey. Add to the slow cooker. Add the marinara sauce, mushrooms, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and basil to the slow cooker as well. Stir.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Add the squash cut side down in the slow cooker into the sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Do not open the lid during the cooking time.Source : allrecipes.com