- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 oz.) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- White rice, garnish
- Hot sauce, optional
- Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels, then season generously with salt and pepper. Place in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Top chicken with pineapple and red bell pepper, then add crushed garlic. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Pour barbecue sauce and hot sauce, if using, over everything, then cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 4-6, until cooked through.
- Once cooked through, remove chicken from slow cooker and serve with rice, garnished with cilantro. Top with remaining sauce and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Here Comes The Sun