- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Place the first nine ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add broth; pulse to combine.
- Place roast and bay leaves in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; pour sauce over top. Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Prepare rice about 30 minutes before serving. In a large saucepan, combine water, rice, butter and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat; gently stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Remove roast from slow cooker; cool slightly. Discard bay leaves and skim fat from cooking juices. Shred beef with two forks; return to slow cooker. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Source : allrecipes.com