Ingredients for beef and potato enchiladas
1 pound ground beef
½ medium onion, diced
½ bell pepper, about ½ cup, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup russet potatoes, chopped into small pieces
¼ cup or 1 oz envelope taco seasoning
¼ cup water
½ cup black beans, rinsed
2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
¼ cup, plus 2 tablespoons cilantro
14-16 soft taco flour tortillas
garnish: hot sauce, sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, add ground beef, onion and bell pepper. Cook and crumble until meat is no longer pink, about 7-10 minutes. Drain, place back in skillet and turn heat to medium heat.
3. While the beef is cooking, add the potatoes to a microwave safe bowl and cover with water. Microwave potatoes for 3-5 minutes or until desired tenderness.
4. Add garlic and potatoes to the meat skillet and stir to combine. Sprinkle taco seasoning over meat and potatoes, stir to combine. Add water, cover and simmer over medium heat for 5-10 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoon cilantro and black beans.
5. Assemble enchiladas by taking a tortilla, add 2 heaping tablespoons of meat potato mixture, sprinkle of cheese and a drizzle of enchilada sauce. Roll and place in prepared baking dish. Repeat until meat potato mixture is gone and desired amount of enchiladas are made.
6. Cover with remaining enchilada sauce and shredded cheese.
7. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes.
8. Garnish and serve