- 3 cups diced unpeeled small cucumbers, preferably Persian (see Tip) or “mini”
- 1½ cups assorted cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- ¼ cup finely chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons minced preserved lemon or 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, parsley, mint, preserved lemon (or zest), lemon juice and salt in a medium bowl. Let stand for at least 10 minutes (and up to 2 hours) for the flavors to meld.
- Add oil and toss to coat. Season with pepper.
- Make Ahead Tip: Let stand at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- Persian cucumbers are nearly seedless and are thin-skinned enough to be served unpeeled. They’re usually 5 to 6 inches long and can be used interchangeably with the similar but larger English cucumber.