- 1 large (or 2 small) apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- teeny pinch of nutmeg
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 2 cups water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped almonds (or walnuts)
- Whole milk, cream, or yogurt (optional)
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir until coated.
- Saute over medium heat until apples are soft (about 5 minutes, depending on how small you chopped them).
- Add water, salt, and honey. Bring to a boil.
- Add oats and almonds, stir, and remove from heat and cover. Let sit covered for 15 minutes.
- When finished, serve with a splash of whole milk, cream, or yogurt on top (optional).
Source : allrecipes.com