“A simple and guilt-free breakfast. Tapioca flour gives these pancakes elasticity and applesauce combined with a bit of cinnamon give them a pleasant, homey aroma. Serve drizzled with honey and lemon juice or another sauce of your choice. Delicious, paleo and gluten-free.”
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons water, or as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil, or as needed
- Whisk eggs lightly in a large bowl. Add applesauce and vanilla extract; mix to combine.
- Combine almond flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to egg mixture; mix until just combined. Add water until batter is desired thickness. Set batter aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- Melt coconut oil on a griddle over medium-high heat. Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the griddle and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
recipes adapted from: allrecipes