Here’s a low fat slow cooker Turkey breast recipe for the one who are on diet or watching their weight, but still want to enjoy tasty food.
Author: Slow Cooker Society
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 3 persons
- 1 and ½ pounds Turkey Breast (boneless)
- 1 package of dry gravy mix
- 1 cup of Dry White Wine
- 1 Onion (Cut into four slices)
- 2 Small Potatoes
- 2 Small Turnips Baby Carrots
- Cut off any fat, season with pepper and brown whole piece of turkey in skillet sprayed with Pam.
- Add the sliced onion and brown.
- Make sure that turkey is browned on all sides and ends.
- Turn with spoons, so the breast is not pricked with a fork.
- Spray crock pot with Pam and put carrots on the bottom, next add potatoes, turnips and onions. (I like turnips and others likes potatoes, so I do both)
- Place turkey on top of vegetables.
- Mix gravy with the wine and a ¼ to ½ cup of water.
- Pour on top of the turkey and vegetables.
- Note: While browning turkey, turn the crock pot on high to heat, you may add slow cooker spray (optional).
- Then heat the gravy mixture before pouring on turkey and veggies.
- Cover and cook on high for a 2 hours and then turn to low for three hours.
- Alternatively you may adjust the High and Low settings depending on your own schedule and crock pot size.
- Be sure to check every so often to make sure turkey is moist.
- Thicken gravy if necessary.
Serving size: 3 Calories: 197