- slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 lb small red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled then quartered lengthwise, then sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 10 oz frozen corn, thawed
- chopped fresh chives, for topping
Cook the bacon in a large pot over medium-high heat until crispy, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate, leaving the bacon grease in the pot.
Turn the heat and add the butter. Once melted, sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until light brown, about 2 minutes. Add the potatoes, celery, onion, carrots, garlic and bay leaves. Stir until coated, about 2 minutes.
Stir in the chicken broth and the chicken. Cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Place the cream and half of the corn in a blender and blend until smooth. Stir the puree, along with the remaining corn, into the soup. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, then stir in the bacon, reserving some for serving.
Serve hot, topped with chives and the remaining bacon.
Source : allrecipes.com