- 2 + 1/2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 2 + 1/2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 + 1/4 teaspoons salt
- Pepper to taste I use about a teaspoon
- 4 Tablespoons butter cut into thin slices
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese mild or sharp, your preference
- 1 cup whole milk
Cook pasta until tender, drain.
Mix all dry ingredients together, set aside.
Spray oven safe bowl or dish with cooking spray. Place half of macaroni inside. Sprinkle half of the flour mixture over top and top with half of the butter slices. Sprinkle 1+1/2 cups cheese over. Repeat.
Pour milk over all.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for thirty five minutes. Remove foil, bake an additional ten minutes. Serve hot.
Size of dish: You can make this in a 9×13 baking dish or a large oven proof bowl, depending on your preference.