2 can(s) Bush’s original baked beans, (28 oz each)
1 large finely chopped sweet onion
1 large finely chopped green bell pepper
1 1/2 lb ground chuck
1/3 c ketchup (try hot ketchup for a kick)
2 Tbsp yellow mustard
4 Tbsp light brown sugar
3 Tbsp Texas Pete Sauce (or any hot sauce such as Tabasco, etc…)
6 slice hardwood smoked bacon
1 pkg Taco Bell taco seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown the ground chuck. Add taco seasoning while browning beef. ***DO NOT add water.***
2. Drain beef & set aside.
3. Combine beans, onions, peppers, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, and Texas Pete in a large bowl.
4. Add seasoned beef to the bowl with beans.
5. Pour into a 16″ X 10″ casserole dish.
6. Place bacon on top of beans.
7. Cover dish with aluminum foil, leaving a corner folded back for venting.
8. Bake for approximately 1 hour.
9. Remove foil and continue baking approximately 30 minutes or until bacon is brown and excess liquid has been cooked out.