Back to Top
> Just for you
> Jailhouse Rice
> Page 2
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans cream of celery soup
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, season beef and sausage with salt and pepper and brown until halfway cooked.
- Add onion and celery and continue cooking until meat is cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soup and broth until smooth. Pour into skillet, add rice, and stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest, covered, for 15 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving. Enjoy!