HONEY LIME GARLIC BUTTER SALMON IS READY IN UNDER 30 MINUTES! CARAMELIZED ON THE OUTSIDE AND FALLING APART TENDER ON THE INSIDE…. YOUR NEW FAVOURITE SALMON RECIPE IS HERE!
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1.2kg | 2½ pound side of salmon
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cracked pepper, to taste (optional)
- Lime slices (to serve)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley, divided
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F | 190°C. Line a baking sheet with a large piece of foil, or 2 long pieces of foil over lapping each other lengthways if your salmon is wide.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add the honey, garlic and lime juice, and whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined.
- Place the salmon onto lined baking sheet. Evenly pour the honey-lime mixture over the salmon. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt (about 2 teaspoons), cracked pepper, and 2 tablespoons of parsley. Fold the sides of the foil up beside the salmon to keep the sauce under the fillet.
- Bake until cooked through (about 15-18 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness). Then, change oven setting to broil (or grill) for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelise the top. Garnish with remaining parsley and serve immediately with fresh lime slices.