Ingredients To Gather:
- 1 dozen chicken wings, thawed and patted dry
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey whiskey*
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup (homemade or store bought)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
Instructions To Follow:
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack on top.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken wings, enough oil to coat the wings, and a few pinches of salt and pepper then toss together.
- Spread into a single layer on the sheet and bake 50-60 minutes or until crispy and fully cooked.
- Toss the wings in the sauce and serve immediately.
- For the sauce
- While the wings are cooking, make the sauce. In a medium saucepan, heat the Jack Daniel’s. When hot, add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onions start to soften.
- Stir in the ketchup, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, molasses, tomato paste, and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook until reduced and thickened, about 10-15 minutes, stirring often.
- Taste the sauce and add the extra tablespoon of honey if needed.