HOMEMADE EGG FU YOUNG
- 4 Eggland’s Best eggs, beaten
- ½ pound cooked shrimp, chopped
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts (fresh or canned)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- green onion, chopped (for garnish)
- Beef gravy (I used jarred)
- Vegetable oil
- In a large skillet, saute onions, mushrooms and bean sprouts in vegetable oil. Add shrimp.
- Stir in cornstarch and soy sauce.
- Add mixture to bowl with 4 beaten Eggland’s Best eggs. Stir gently. The ratio should equal more veggies than eggs and should not be too runny. If it is, add additional sauteed veggies or protein.
- In a clean skillet, add enough vegetable oil to cover bottom of the pan. Add ¼ Egg Foo Young mixture to pan, formed into a pancake shape. Fry Egg Foo Young until the bottom is firm enough to flip.
- Cook other side until egg is firm. Place on a paper towel to absorb oil until ready to serve.
- Top with gravy and green onions. Serve with a side of soy sauce.
Source : allrecipes.com