- 1 (16.25 oz) box French Vanilla cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 (3.4 oz) coconut instant pudding mix
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, juices reserved
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 (16 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (7 oz) package sweetened shredded coconut
- Optional: ½ cup macadamia nuts, toasted and rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Drain crushed pineapple, reserving juices, and set aside. Pour reserved pineapple juice into measuring cup, then fill with water up to 1 cup.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions, using reserved pineapple water mixture.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake 25-30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whip pudding packets with half and half until just thickened.
- Remove cake from oven and, with handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes over cake. Pour half of pudding mixture over warm cake. Add reserved pineapple to remaining pudding mixture and stir, then pour over top of cake.
- Chill in refrigerator until set.
- If using, place macadamia nuts on a baking sheet and toast in 350°F oven for 5-7 minutes. Rough chop when cooled and set aside.
- For frosting: stir thawed whipped frosting until smooth. Add a dollop to top of each slice.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut (and chopped macadamia nuts, if using). Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to eat. Enjoy!
source : Allrecipes.com