- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1medium onion, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- 1 box (9 oz) frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1 large tomato, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 8 oz precooked ham, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz)
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (3 oz)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
1 Heat oven to 400°F.
2 In 4-quart saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Add quinoa, and cook about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly toasted. Add water and a large pinch of salt. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat; cover, and reduce to a simmer. Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed into the quinoa.
3 In 10-inch skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Cook onion in oil 5 to 7 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add garlic, black pepper and crushed red pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Add spinach, tomato, pineapple and ham; cook until heated through, stirring constantly. Salt to taste.
4 In small bowl or measuring cup, mix ricotta, 1 cup of the mozzarella, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, and the milk.
5 Add the quinoa and cheese mixture to the skillet with the onion mixture, and fold together the ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired. Transfer to 13×9-inch (3-quart) casserole, and spread evenly.
6 Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil, and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and, if desired, place under the broiler for a few minutes until cheese browns.
7 Serve immediately, or recover with foil and keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
Source : allrecipes.com