- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 package (1 lb 8 oz) refrigerated garlic mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato, if desired
- 2 slices precooked bacon, chopped, if desired
- 2 medium green onions, chopped (2 tablespoons), if desired
1 Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix beef, onion, bread crumbs, sage, salt and egg until well blended. Press in bottom of ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over top. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
2 Bake uncovered about 50 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of beef mixture reads 160°F. Sprinkle with tomato, bacon and green onions.
Source : allrecipes.com