- 1 1/4 lb salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon oil (flax or avocado oil is best but olive oil works too)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes*, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, finely chopped
- 1 loose cup baby spinach and kale. chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
for the dressing
- 3 tablespoons oil (flax or avocado oil is best but olive oil works too)
- 1/2 small lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small baking pan, just large enough to hold the entire piece of salmon. Lay the salmon skin-side down in the olive oil.
- Spread 1/3 of the dressing over the top of the salmon
- Bake the salmon for 22 to 28 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon fillet. To check for doneness, insert the tines of a fork into the thickest part of the fillet and gently pull. If the fish flakes easily, then it is done. If it is still gooey, and if the fork is difficult to pull out, bake the salmon for 5 more minutes and check again.
- While the salmon is cooking toss together all of the fruit, herbs, greens and avocado. Pour almost all of the rest of the dressing over the fruit (leaving just about a teaspoon extra to pour over the salmon when it’s finished). Store in the fridge until the salmon is ready.
- To serve the salmon, gently slide a spatula under the fish and remove it to a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut the fillet into four equal pieces. If desired, lift the fish away from the skin to serve. Serve over fruit salad.
Source : allrecipes.com